For Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fujifilm & Olympus/Panasonic Camera Systems
The pocket-sized powerful mini
The pocket-sized Nissin i40 weighs only 7.2 oz. (1), and is perfect for use as a fill-in flash even on the sunniest of days. Its compact dimensions make the i40 the ideal flash for family outings, indoor/outdoor shootings and is especially suitable for traveling. Professional functionality: Wireless TTL mode (4); syncs up to 1/8000 sec. (4); flash output of GN 40 at 105 mm; video light function with 9 levels of adjustment; simple operation panel with two selector dials to operate the flash; flash head tilts up and rotates to make bounced lighting more versatile by utilizing more angles.
Selector dial - simple and innovative
The Nissin i40 has two selector dials, a function dial and a power dial. The small lamps indicate the current settings so that even beginners can quickly get started. The video light function with 9 levels of output can also be activated and adjusted using the dials.
If the i40 is used as a slave, the flash can be synchronized with any master flash available on the market.
LED video light
The video light function has 9 levels of illumination.
Professional flash head design
The flash head rotates 180° horizontally from left to right, and tilts upwards to 90° making bounce shooting more arbitrary and maximizing the angles that can be used.
Manual zoom (M zoom)
The Nissin i40 supports a 24-105 mm automatic zoom. Manual zoom is available in M, SD, SF & wireless modes (4). The manual setting that is selected is memorized and remains unchanged when the power is on.
Metal hotshoe and quick release button (4)
The i40 has a durable metal hotshot (not available for the Sony version due to limitation of the Multi Interface Shoe design) and features a quick release button. It is easy to attach to your camera and reduces the risk of damage caused by frequent or quick installation.
Supports up to 1/8000 second shutter speeds. (2) (4)
The i40 supports the wireless TTL remote systems of the Camera Manufactures. The i40 can be set to Group A, B or C and be controlled wirelessly in TTL and manual modes (4). Using the 3 slave modes, multiple flashes can be set up to enjoy creative photography in any situation.
- - Digital Slave Mode (SD): The i40 can be synchronized to pre-flash systems. The master flash should be set to TTL mode.
- - Film Slave Mode (SF): The i40 can be synchronized with traditional single flash systems and even with studio lighting. This mode can also be used with open flashes and most standard flashes available on the market.
The power of the flash can be regulated using the TTL flash level compensation. Whereas the total exposure is controlled by the camera's EV compensation function, the flash can compensate for exposure on the main subject only, with little impact on the exposure of the background scene. The flash power level can be adjusted from -2EV to +2EV in 0.5EV steps.
Four AA batteries (not included)
The i40 operates with 4 AA batteries. This lessens recycling time and reduces the need to change batteries frequently.
- - For Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fujifilm & Olympus/Panasonic camera systems (5)
- - GN 40 (105 mm) / GN 27 (35 mm) at ISO 100
- - Focal length coverage 24 - 105 mm (35 mm CCD format)
- - Built-in wide angle diffuser
- - Soft box included in package
- - Professional flash head design
- - LED video light
- - Built-in AF assist light (6)
- - Metal hotshoe (4) and quick release button
- - High-Speed synchronization
- - Wireless TTL slave
- - Operates with only four AA batteries (not included)
(1) Weight excluding batteries and soft box.
(2) The maximum synchronization speed depends upon the camera model - High speed sync is available only for compatible cameras. Please refer to the compatibility chart.
(3) Supports groups A - C (any channel 1 - 4).
(4) Not available for Sony cameras.
(5) Please refer to the compatibility chart.
(6) If camera body emits an AF assist light, it will not activate the AF light on the i40.
Notice: Design and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.